Day tours from Athlone and Roscommon
Day tours from Athlone and Roscommon, featuring everything Ireland’s Hidden Heartlands has to offer. Discover sites the others miss and enjoy a day combining the heritage, landscape, local produce and activities around the River Shannon. Highlights include ancient Celtic sites, abandoned medieval towns and monuments, boat trips, walking tours and much more! We also offer bespoke tours for groups of 10+. For more information, please see https://www.heartofirelandtours.ie/about-us/.
Highlights of Lough Ree
Our Lough Ree Tour departs Athlone and Roscommon and begins with a walking tour of the spectacular abandoned medieval town of Rindoon. Discover the lost art of clay pipe making, once a huge industry in the area. Sample some of the finest local produce with a picnic on the banks of Lough Ree. Visit one of Ireland’s best-kept secrets, the Iron Age Bog Road at Corlea and explore the legendary boglands, for which the region is famous.
Terms and Conditions
1. This tour is mostly outdoors and rain/walking gear is essential.
2.The walk around Rindoon is approximately 4.5 km and involves climbing over a series of styles but the terrain comprises green and woodland paths and is flat.
3. Price includes all guided tours, entry fees and gourmet picnic lunch featuring the finest local produce.
4. Tours will operate subject to minimum numbers
5. Maximum of 20 per tour guaranteed.
6. Tours must be booked in advance.
7. Hotel pick-ups available.